The Dying Light 2 is an open-world first-person survival horror video game developed by Techland and published by Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment. The game was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on April 7, 2020.
As the game’s protagonist, Aiden Caldwell, players must traverse the quarantine zone in search of a cure for the virus that has infected the city. In order to progress through the game, players will need to force open locks in Dying Light 2.
There are two ways to force open locks in Dying Light 2. The first is by using a crowbar, which can be found in various locations throughout the game world. The second is by using a lockpick, which must be crafted using materials found in the world.
- If you are using a crowbar, simply approach the locked door or container and press the “Use” button. Aiden will automatically try to pry the lock open. If successful, the door will be opened and you can proceed.
- If you are using a lockpick, approach the locked door or container and press the “Use” button. A lockpick will be used automatically and, if successful, the door will be opened.
Keep in mind that, while crowbars and lockpicks are the only ways to force open locks in Dying Light 2, they are not the only tools at your disposal. In some cases, you may be able to use your environment to your advantage. For example, if there is a loose board or piece of metal near a locked door, you can use it to wedge the door open.
It is no secret that many people have trouble opening locked doors. Whether it’s because they don’t have the key or because the lock is jammed, it can be frustrating. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to force open a locked door in Dying Light 2. With a little patience and some elbow grease, you should be able to get the door open in no time.
Step 1: Inspect the Lock
- The first step is to take a close look at the lock. If it’s a traditional keyed lock, you’ll need to find the keyhole. If it’s a deadbolt, you’ll need to find the bolt.
- Once you’ve found the keyhole or bolt, you’ll need to determine what kind of lock it is. There are three main types of locks: pin tumbler, wafer tumbler, and disc tumbler.
- Pin tumbler locks are the most common type of lock. They have a series of pins that must be aligned in order for the lock to open.
- Wafer tumbler locks are similar to pin tumbler locks, but they have a series of wafers instead of pins.
- Disc tumbler locks are the least common type of lock. They have a series of discs that must be aligned in order for the lock to open.
Step 2: Apply some force
- Once you’ve determined what kind of lock you’re dealing with, it’s time to apply some force. For pin tumbler and wafer tumbler locks, you’ll need to insert a tool into the keyhole and apply pressure.
- For disc tumbler locks, you’ll need to insert a tool into the hole in the center of the lock and apply pressure.
- If the lock is jammed, you may need to use a hammer to strike the tool. Be careful not to damage the lock.
Step 3: Pick the lock
- If you’re still having trouble opening the lock, you may need to pick it up. This is a more advanced technique that should only be attempted if you’re confident in your ability.
- There are two main types of lock-picking tools: tension wrenches and lock picks.
- Tension wrenches are used to apply pressure to the pins or wafers in the lock.
- Lock picks are used to manipulate the pins or wafers in the lock.
- Lock picking is a delicate process and requires a lot of practice. If you’re not confident in your ability, you may want to hire a professional locksmith.
Step 4: Use a lock bypass tool
- If you’re still having trouble opening the lock, you can try using a lock bypass tool. This is a tool that’s designed to open locks without damaging them.
- Lock bypass tools come in a variety of shapes and sizes. The most common type is a tension wrench.
Step 5: Call a locksmith
If you’ve tried all of the above and you’re still having trouble opening the lock, you may need to call a locksmith. Locksmiths are trained professionals who can help you open almost any type of lock.
When you call a locksmith, be sure to have the following information ready:
- The type of lock you’re dealing with
- The make and model of the lock
- The location of the lock
- Your contact information
Most locksmiths will be able to open your lock without damaging it. However, there are some locks that are more difficult to open and may require a drill or other type of equipment.
If you’re having trouble opening a locked door, don’t despair. With a little patience and some elbow grease, you should be able to get it open. With that said, here are all the details you need to know about how to force open locks in Dying Light 2.